Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mustard Marinated Chicken

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MustardChicken03_12_00.jpg
<p />Last night's dinner, Mustard Marinated Chicken. A great way to make chicken if you like lots of flavor, but not a blackened outside. [p]This time I marinated the chicken for about 5 hours - total time on the grill was 1.45 hours at 350 degrees on an indirect heating surface - tender moist chicken. [p]Now I'm off to fire up the BGE - NY Strips covered with (what else) mustard!
[ul][li]Mustard Chicken[/ul]

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Gfw,
    I was wondering what the red sauce was on mustard chichen - I see its bbq sauce. Great pictures - looks tasty too.[p]Tim

• Gfw
    Options
    Tim M, sometime I'll get risky and try someother BBQ sauce - problem is that once you have one that you like, it is difficult to change.

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Gfw,
    I know what u mean about not wanting to change the BBQ sauce because of a developed trust. I discovered "STUBBS" brand, and boy oh boy...i dont think i will ever waste a cook without it! I also love that brand's MOPP....so so tasty!
    ST

• Gfw
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, if all else fails and you find your self short of sauce, check out the recipe section for "Gfw's BBQ Sauce" - the recipe is great as posted...[p]but BOB (using about 1/4 of the results) adds a squirt of mustard, a tsp of chopped garlic and a good half shot of Jack Daniels - also very good! [p][p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ Sauce[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Gfw,
    Howdy. I heard your sauce is good, and just checked out the link. It says to just put the ingredients in a blender and let 'er rip. That's it?? No cooking? No reducing?? Is it just a finishing sauce, or a dipping sauce too??[p]And lastly, are all of the fractions 1/2?? Still having trouble reading fractions.[p]Looks simple, and good....but no cooking?[p]Thanks a bunch.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw
    Options
    Nature Boy, no cooking, no reducing almost no work, but really good. Just for you...[p]1/2 cup red wine vinegar
    1/2 cup water
    1 1/2 cups brown sugar
    1 1/2 cups of catsup
    1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
    2 teaspoons salt
    2 teaspoons paprika
    2 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
    4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    2 dashes of hot pepper sauce [p]I use it on just about everything from pulled pork to chicken.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Gfw,
    Thank you kind sir.
    Look forward to trying it.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw, I'll vouch for it. Its become a favorite sauce at our house.