Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...What Happened to the "No Call" list?

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
From time to time I still get these strange phone calls even though I subscribed a while back to the no call list... Examples:

Riding lessons from some AZRP Corp. in Arizona for horseback riding lessons, some carwash magnate in Missouri promising the best wash job you've ever had, (not certain if it was "hand wash" or "touch free"), some pervert from Arlington, Va, who apparently dresses funny, but slams PETA, and a guy falsely advertising "GrateMates".....Heck, all I got for ordering a small was some sort of cooking grill stuff. But the tragic part of it all was when Mama answered the "Chicken Ranch" call....Unfortunately, she had seen the movie.

So really, what became of the "no call list"?, because I'm getting them right and left. B)

My best to the OKC bunch!

LR

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    You didn't get the discount for the new pool offer? Just wait till I get a hold of those operators in India. :angry:

Pat
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    LOL - I get the clever humor here, but I have to ask - was there a serious basis for it? We have been slammed for a week or better now with 10 to 12 calls a night from 6 to 9 PM. While we do have caller ID and don't bother to answer when I see UNKNOWN or 1-800 or such there clearly has been a resurgance of unwanted telemarketers compared to the last couple years. Any body else notice this? Funny thing is we have one of the largest nation wide telemarketers in our backyard and at least in the past they have claimed they just employ local residents - not harrass them!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I am hot for this topic. I also have been on the no call list and in the last month there are two 800's that wont give up. I called and put my # on the list again, just in case it had been 5 years already(knowing darn well it has not and that some company sold my info anyways) It pisses me off.
    Thanx for listneing,
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    A little trick to try RRP. This was passed on to me about 15 years ago from a customer and it works. Have seen it the last few years thru E mail but for me it worked. When it's a telemarketer just say hang on but don't hang up. After a min or 3 pickup and listen but say nothing. They depend on quick hangups or a sale so if you tie them up for 2/3 min your number will get blacklisted as you cost them money. It took close to a year but I get 1 or 2 a month at most & never signed up for no call. On the flip side I called the no call for my cell & got 2 calls within 30 min. I had never had 1 before on my cell. Hope this works for you also.

Pat
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Ron: There was humor intended, but yes, there was also a point to me made. I'm really sick of trying to figure out what is a legit call and what is not. I really look forward to calls from fellow Eggers, but the crap calls ....well, you know.

Good weekend to all.

Mike
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    You know it's just cuz we love you, if you'd stay up past 6, you may even get to talk to us. -RP