Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon filet help...

Options
Suck Creek Wings
Suck Creek Wings Posts: 112
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooking time and temps for regular old salmon filets? Direct or indirect?

Thanks.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    this one looks pretty simple:

Salmon, Filet, Basic, Easy, Jake

Delicious and very simple.

3 lb salmon fillet or salmon steak. (Prepare and leave out for about 30 minutes before cooking.
    2 Tbs Lemon Juice
    2 Tbs Olive Oil
    5 Tbs Brown Sugar
    5 pinch Lemon-Pepper
    5 pinch Garlic Powder

********Preparation Directions********
    1 Cut salmon into 5 pieces.
    2 Mixed 2 T Olive Oil and Lemon Juice (equal amounts) together. Brushed on fish.
    3 Sprinkled on Lemon-Pepper, Garlic to taste.
    4 Took some brown sugar and broke it up over the fish. Maybe 1 Tbs per piece of fish.
    *********Cooking Directions**********
    1 Cooked on fish grill (PAM First) for about 20 minutes at 350. I used the plate setter, feet side up so would have indirect heat.

Recipe Type
    Seafood

Recipe Source
    Author: Jake me6695@yahoo.com

Source: BGE Forum, Jake

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Hopefully, you have the skin on one side, it really helps lock in some flavor and moisture. I like cooking raised direct over a small but hot fire. Maybe 300* Time is almost impossible to estimate due to different thickness between fillets. However large fillets will take only about 20 minutes. It's best to take it's temperature once the meat firms up and the protein (or serum albumen) starts to come to the surface. I pull mine off the cooker at 140*. Don't ever turn.

DSC04544a.jpg

If you have thinner skinless fillets, you can cook on your pizza stone using parchment or foil. Again, no need to turn.

DSC03870a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    You can do so many things with salmon.
    My personal favorite is Baked Parmesean.
    pbsal2.jpg
    pbsal3.jpg
    Then cedar planked. With a touch of honey on top. I always cook indirect about 400 for Baked, 250 for planked.

Mike
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    I like to cook mine on a cedar plank. It's goooood.
    102_1206.jpg
    102_1209.jpg
  • ThrRoff
    ThrRoff Posts: 169
    Options
    I second the plank method. Directly on the grate and pull before it flakes. I like alder wood, but I really don't think it matters much.

planksalmon.jpg