Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Huge bratwurst and newly discovered mustard

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think the casings I used making my last batch of brats were large intestines, for reference this is a small Egg.
IMG_0885Small.jpg

We discovered a mustard at the Fiery Foods festival in Albuquerque last month that is the bomb with brats. It is from nundunbetter.com, just incredible. -RP
IMG_0887Small.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    yea wife getting a little aggitated that i keep on buying the hot stuff.... especially after little steven presented us with some of his Boombathat he sent us out of the goodness of his heart... i loved it but she really was not happy with it being HOT!!!!! me i am getting there with the rest of you "fireheads"

she loves mustard (which means i need to call mrs. dog) but is tired of the hot stuff :evil:

brats look like you made some man sized brats... that is never bad... also fun to watch the wife try to eat :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRP
    Options
    Bad boy bad! I always have at least half a case of Julie's mustard around and it is my favorite on almost everything, but this stuff on brats is just plain incredible. -RP
  • BENTE
    Options
    yea i tried it at wiseone's "lake estate" after eggtoberfest last year... but i remember you and the filly had to jet back to your time zone... missed ya'll but loved the mustard... do you have a link to her site? i lost it when the puter crashed :angry:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRP
    Options
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    reading a great book about preserving food.

asing vary by size mostly by animal.
    sheep small intestine (breakfast sausage-size), pig intestine, and up to beef (like an inch and a half around).

big three inch diameter salami skins come from beef too, but further along in their gut, if you know what i mean.

enjoy.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • AZRP
    Options
    Title of book and author please? -RP
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Gonna take two beers to get through that honker on the bottom...three if you slather it up with that chili mustard. Nice thinking, Randy.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    sorry, boss. didn't see yer request.

this is a GREAT read.

clickez vous, ici: >> "Charcuterie"
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante