Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st pork butt

Options
Big E
Big E Posts: 51
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pricecutter had pork butt's on sale for 1.19 lb. and I picked up some. Have never done one and have noticed Pork Butt Mike seems to be the affienciando on these. Mike , just looking for some tips and I also noticed you have mentioned Thirdeye in a past post and was wondering if your's was simular to his advice. I would apperciate the guidance from anyone. This is a cook I have wanted to do for some time and by the posts of completed cooks I'm looking forward to this one.

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    If you know how to control a burn it's the easiest cook you'll ever do. Lacking any other advice, just go to The Naked Whiz site and follow the directions! I haven't been Eggin' all that long and here's the result of my first attempt. Happy cookin'!
    Rascal
    PulledPork1-1.jpg
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    A pork butt cook is another area where the egg really shines. I build a good fire, new lump and plenty of it. I add some smoking wood(hickory) and stabilize at 250F. Then I add the rub to the butt, some yellow mustard, and some more rub. Then I throw on the butt indirect with a drip pan(to avoid fouling the lump). cook until 192F, foil, and put in a cooler filled with towels, at least an hour; but up to five. HTH.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    There are some great sites with help on pork butt.

Celtic Wolf also has a good 'how too' Celtic's Cooking Pulled Pork

Let us know how yours turns out.

GG