Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simply Sensational Salmon

Options
Ellen aka Gormay
Ellen aka Gormay Posts: 63
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had defrosted a 1 lb skinless salmon fillet to be Egged for dinner. Got home late with no time to do anything fancy as hubbie would be home any minute. Fired up the BGE and started soaking some alder chips. No time to marinate, no time to concoct a rub from "Smoke and Spice". Suddenly, I remembered Ken's Easy Life in my cabinet. I sprinkled it liberally on both sides of the salmon and in approx 25 minutes when the dome temp was 250, I threw in the chips and put the fillet onto a fish rack within the EGG. I cooked it for 30 minutes before opening the dome slightly and poking the fish. It felt too soft. Ten minutes later it felt firm, but still soft enough to press down. It was time to see if this hastily put together fish dish would sink or swim. Moist and flavorful this simple salmon was sensational! Low and slow is great, but not always practical. Sometimes we need a relatively,quick dish (still took approx. an hour from start to finish) that tastes like it took much longer to prepare. This is such a dish.[p]Thanks K. for the wonderful spice mixture!.
Thanks D. for helping me to understand my BGE better![p]Ellen

Comments