Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGGin' Weekend

Options
Cajun
Cajun Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With Grad School and work, the last month has been skimpy on the egg. However, I think I made up for it this weekend.[p]Saturday, Made two small pizzas, then shut the EGG down for a while and soaked some apple chips. Splachcocked (SP?) a chicken and put in the Apple chips and put the chicken down for about 35 minutes at 205°. Then put it at 300° until the breasts were at 160°. Had Tony C seasoning and olive oil on this bird. Turned out "Dyno-mite".[p]Turned the egg down again (While getting some yard work done). Put some salmon with lemon juice on one side, lime juice on the other side, and olive oil around the whole thing. Put the filets in a basket with detachable handle, smoke for about 45 minutes and did 300° until flaky. More Dyno-mite.[p]Sunday - put a some misquite chips in the EGG and put 4 filets and a hunk on lamb on the pit to suck up smoke for about 45 minutes. Then put the steaks in the refr under saran wrap and put a pan on the grill, the meat rack in the pan and put the lamb in to cook. Cooked the lamb at 300° until the Polder said 160°. Awsome tastin' sheep that is.[p]Then stoked to EGG to about 550° and slapped the filets on until they were what we like. More Dyno-mite.[p]All in All, my Eggin' withdrawls have finally subside about Sunday afternoon. Lots of food in the fridge for us this week.[p]By the Way..... Tim M's riggy things are awesome. Used #1 ring to smoke - kept the EGG at 200° to 205° steady. Used #5 to get 315° steady for about 3 hours (lamb cook). Can't ask for better'n dat.[p]Sorry for the long windedness. Just glad to get Me Egg again[p]Cajun

Comments