Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

apologies to the entire state of Texas (and some other places)

Options
hounddog
hounddog Posts: 126
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have not been a big fan of beef barbecue. Pork has always seemed the thing. The first time I tried a brisket on the egg, I didn't cook it long enough. It wasn't any good. So my low and slow pretty much focused on pork.[p]Well, this weekend I gave it another try. And it turned out well. And I must apologize for my previous point of view. The reason I was not a fan of beef barbecue was because I had never had good beef barbecue.[p]One thing that seemed to help me. I had tried what amounted to a trimmed brisket that I got from price club. It was something like 5 or 6 pounds. This time around I went to walmart and got an entire one. It cooked better, and it cooked in a way that I was able to comprehend. I think now I could knock a half one out and do it well, but if you are frustrated, try a full one before you give up.[p]Chunk o chest down, next up squid[p]seeya