Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

E-Mail Issues??

Options
Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
I have had a couple people send emails via the forum that I am not receiving. Is there still an issue with blacklisting?

My email is bellsouth.net, handled by att.net.

I have sent myself test messages that never arrive, and they are not in my spam folders.

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Fidel,

I'm not aware of any outstanding issues with emails. I just tried to send you an email from the server. Let me know if you receive it.
  • Fidel
    Options
    Nothing. I have checked my Outlook spam folder and the Bellsouth webmail spam folder and there in no message.

The one I sent myself earlier today has not arrived yet either.

It's not urgent, I just don't want anyone thinking I am ignoring them or not returning emails. I have had two people in the past week or so email me from the forum but I never received it.

Thanks for looking into it. My guess is that either the domain or IP is blacklisted. For now I have changed my forum email address to a work email.
  • WMK
    Options
    Fidel,

Please send me an email at public at millerhouse dot com. I'll see if I can see what's going on.
  • WMK
    Options
    Fidel,

Well the address in the email you sent agrees with the one in your profile. I tried to send you a test message last night -- did you receive it?

I'm not aware of any problems sending email to bellsouth.net, but perhaps this is a new issue.
  • WMK
    Options
    Fidel,

Oops, it actually doesn't agree. The address in your profile is different. It's at crownasset.com. Apparently this address is no longer valid. I'll update your profile with the new address from the email you sent. That should get you going.
  • WMK
    Options
    Fidel,

Perhaps you changed your profile email address since yesterday? If so, I just changed it back thinking that might be the problem.
  • Fidel
    Options
    Sorry. The bellsouth.net email was my profile address until last night. I changed my email in my profile to a business address as a temporary stop-gap. After I changed the address to the business addy I sent a test message from the forum that was received.

I did not receive your response to the bellsouth email that I sent last night. With the bellsouth email in the profile I am not receiving messages, so I will change it back to my work email address.

It appears that bellsouth.net, and possibly att.net are both blacklisting the domain or IP.
  • WMK
    Options
    Fidel,

That's what I thought, but I'd already changed it back.
    Since your profile was confirmed using the bellsouth.net address, it must have worked not too very long ago. I'm not aware of any recent reasons why our new server should be "blacklisted", but it still could have happened. I'll look into it.