Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country Style Ribs

Options
FlaMike
FlaMike Posts: 648
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know, not exactly typical Easter fare, but I just had to give these a try. First time for everything, and these came out perfect.

100_0849.jpg

250 Dome, indirect. About 3.5 hrs. Spritzed after 1 hr, flipped at 2 hrs, spritzed again. Blues Hog sauce for last 30 min. Thermopen reads 180. Will do this again!

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    looks great i usually do them direct at 400 but i will try them indirect with the spritzing ;)

i actually did country ribs saturday night

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Egg Pirate
    Egg Pirate Posts: 114
    Options
    Man, that looks good! A little off the subject, but what kind of gasket is that? I'm looking for a replacement.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    That gasket is the Rutland.

I like it. Been using it about 8 months or so and it still looks and seals great.

RutlandUnscathed.jpg
  • FlaMike
    Options
    It's a Rutland gasket. I replaced 2 orig equip from the mothership, but they all failed. So I contacted RRP, who helped me with the rutland. He provided the gasket, and detailed instructions. I'm happy with it so far. Many steak sears, about a dozen pizzas, no damage.
  • FlaMike
    Options
    And I'll try the direct method. Someday we'll swap results.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    lol

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Egg Pirate
    Egg Pirate Posts: 114
    Options
    Thats what I thought it was. I think I will give it a try. Do you know if they make one big enough to fit the XL?