Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Nuts n Beef...oops!!

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Meant to say pulled beef n Nuts!!... :woohoo: ..anyway.today's cook was a couple of prime cut chuck roasts done up ClayQ style....
3165cd41.jpg

If you havent tried this..you gotta!!...I'm pretty sure it beats pulled pork to me...potted at finish..
9798357d.jpg

Ready to serve but gotta do some taters first...
a389da28.jpg

Planked sweet n regular taters recipe supplied by RichardFl..gotta try these too!..
78021dbc.jpg

Finished off with some damn good pecans...these babies have so much sugar and cinnamon coatin on em after smokin that you cant make out the pecans!!...
cf8b4402.jpg

Was a great day to cook n drink and carry on..the ClayQ has a buncha steps but believe me it's worth it!!...

Comments

• eggbasket
    eggbasket Posts: 111
    Options
    That all looks great! I am interested in the nut recipe. No luck on searches. The spuds look interesting too. I never thought of planking spuds.
    Thanks in advance.
    C
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here is the damn good nuts:

Nuts, Pecans, Damn Good

SMITTYtheSMOKER, I prefer the water/egg white binder over the oil. I make the pecans every year for my Christmas baskets. The chile nuts are good saloon food.~thirdeye~

1 lb large pecan halves
    1 egg white
    1 tsp cold water
    1 cup sugar
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp salt

1 Beat water and egg white until frothy. Mix well with pecans. Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix well with pecans. Spread on a large cookie sheet. OVEN: Bake for 225 degrees for about 1 hour or to your liking. Stir occasionally.
    2 BGE: Use an indirect setup with a dome temp of 300° until done to your liking. Stir occasionally. Smoke is optional due to the sweetness of the nuts.
    3 With either method, keep a close eye on the color, stickiness and bottom burning of the nuts after 30 minutes. Sample every few minutes until done to your liking as the sugar is not as forgiving as just straight spices.

Recipe Type
    Snack

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Thirdeye, 02/28/07

HTH B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• eggbasket
    eggbasket Posts: 111
    Options
    Thanks! I am going to make them real soon!

Did you find them on the BGE website recipe pages? I forgot to search there......too late I guess?
    C
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    no i just searched my recepie database that RichardFl helped me build.... or shouuld i say he supplied me with the info to get started and then he gave me the "key" to the party ;):lol: :silly: :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Food looks great, and it sounds like you had a good time. Thanks!
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Nice job! Yeah, everybody likes a good pulled beef samitch. Yup, there's time to mess around and play with the egg all day and time also for the cook to enjoy a few beers at the same time.....even take a few winks in the afternoon. Smoked nuts looks great, glad you had a good time cookin!
    Happy Easter,
    Clay
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Eggtucky:

Great Looking Cook! Clay Q's beef is one I want to try for the next food event at work. How long and at what temp did you do the Taters?
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    I originally got this from RichardFL the 'recipe maestro'..he posted it a couple of months ago.. they have become a favorite at my house...3rd or 4th time I've made them and the presentation with the garnishes and planked is really nice....
    0201008002.jpg
    Planked Mashed/Sweet Potatoes

INGREDIENTS:
    1 large sweet potato
    4 large potatoes
    2 Tbs (30 ml) butter
    1 Tbs (15 ml) melted butter
    1/2 cup (125 ml) 10% cream
    1/4 cup (50 ml) sour cream
    1/4 cup (50 ml) Parmesan cheese divided
    2 cloves roasted garlic - peeled and chopped
    1 Tbs (15 ml) chopped green onions
    1 Tbs (15 ml) chopped parsley
    Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
    pinch of paprika
    1 Cedar Grilling Plank

Directions:
    1 In a large saucepan boil potatoes and sweet potatoes until cooked approximately 20 minutes
    2 Mash potatoes, sweet potatoes and chopped roasted garlic together with cream, sour cream, butter and ½ the Parmesan cheese
    3 Arrange mashed mixture on buttered plank
    4 Cook on indirect heat at 350°F (175°C) for approximately 30 minutes
    5 Remove from barbeque
    6 Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
    7 Top with melted butter, remaining Parmesan cheese, parsley, green onions and pinch of paprika
    8 Serve on plank

Recipe Type
    Side Dish

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, IBeeSmok'n, 11/11/07
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Clay..I'm tellin ya..this has just about taken over my love of pulled pork on the egg..I used prime cut chuck roast from my butcher which made it just that much better..and I didn't even eat it on a bun...plopped it on my plate and threw some dill pickles on it and ate it with a fork!!...it is a fun cook (you can do it in one day and no overnight) and the outcome is just awesome..the steps saving and using the au jus for the final cook adds the crowning touch.. very nice ;)
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Thanks printed it out this time.
  • Devo
    Devo Posts: 51
    Options
    Man that looks like some good eats, I would of never thought of planking potatoes. The things you guys are doing on this cooker never ceases to amaze me, can't wait to try for myself.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    What's up Devo!!...glad to see you post finally...yah...you may as well bite the bullet and get that egg bud!!...you missin all the fun n good eats!! ;) :woohoo: :woohoo: