Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lid of Large Big Green Egg won't stay up

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The lid on my large Green Egg won't stay up. I have the Spring Assist Band and my "Egg" is
only 2 years old. Is there a way to adjust the band or do I have to get another band?

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    What is most likely happening is the nuts in the attached pic have become loose (assuming the band assembly is installed correctly-like in the pic). The bolts may even look skewed-not straight. What I do in this situation is raise the dome and with a large pair of pliers remove the two springs (this is a two person job). Carefully lower the dome and tighten the two nuts pointed out in the pic. Raise the dome and re-install the springs. Retighten the outer nuts (the ones on the same bolts as the nuts you just tightened). This should be all you have to do. Actually, you may be able to get by with just tightening these bolts without taking off the springs. It's worth a try.

LargeSpringAssy1.jpg

Let us know how you make out........
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Penny ,[p]Egret may have your solution
    [ul][li]Here[/ul]