Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Several people have requested the recipe for these so here goes.

I will start out by saying you can stuff them with whatever you like. There are three basic things we stuff them with:

Cream cheese with chive & onions (our favorite)
Provolone and ham
Pepper jack & diced jalapenos

The ingredients are as follows:
Bonless, skinless chicken breasts
Stuffing of your choice
Bacon
Seasoning of your choice

Start out by pounding chicken breast as thin (1/4 inch) as you like them. I pound them on syran wrap. Put a piece underneath chicken & on top of chicken while pounding for less mess. Stuff the chicken breast with as much stuffing as you can get in. IFold the chicken together like a taco. I do not roll them. Wrap bacon around them and stick with toothpicks which have been sitting in water (this keeps picks from burning). Apply seasoning. I use Swamp Venom or Dizzy Dust.

I cook them indirect. The BGE is set up using platesetter with feet up. I wrap the setter in foil to keep from messing it up. The temp is stabilized 350-375 and I cook them for 35 -45 minutes until the breast are 170 internal temp. When you place the chicken on the grid Itry to place the breast so the stuffing is up so it does not run out. (some will but not to much)

These are real easy and everyone seems to enjoy them....see phots in the Fla Eggfest post...

Kim Youngblood
(aka vidalia1)
Lawrencveille, GA

Comments