Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrinkage

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Taking an uneducated educated guess is beef the meat that has the most shrinkage after cooking? As far as the 3 "main" meats. Meaning beef, chicken or pork. I know that the fatties have a pretty good shrinkag because of the amount of fat. Any thoughs or response I would be interested.
Tanx, Molly
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    With a low-n-slo pork butt you can expect a 43% loss in weight.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Yah...I'd say pork butt on lo n slo..just did 2 6lb butts and 3 4lb chuck roasts last weekend and think the pork by far shrunk the most..but then...that doesn't take into consideration the 'cold water' factor for you Seinfeld fans (like me) ;) :P :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    I was thinking of the same Seinfeld episode when I saw the topic - funny!

Don't think there's much of a contest - Pork Butts lose a ton of weight, size, etc. I only wish I cold warm my big butt up to 225 for 18 hours and get it to shrink that much. :laugh: