Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

re test

Options
low tech redneck
low tech redneck Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One last time

Jim

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    If you are using photo bucket I can help.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    low tech,

We don't even see any code where the picture was attempted to be posted.

Let us know what you are doing (how you are tyring to post) and there will be plenty of help.

When you go through it once it is all pretty simple.

GG
  • I'm using Photo bucket and can get the photos there but not from there.My biggest problem is that ten years ago I traded a little part of my brain for a patched up ticker and have a lot of trouble with details like directions or anything sequential.My wife does a good job of simplifying things for me normally but this is new to her too.
    Thanks
    Jim
    ps
    Anyone know why one time I am guest and the next I'm newbie member?
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    If you have Internet Explorer 7 you can open a new tab by simply holding the CTRL and left clicking on a new post. This will come in handy for a few reasons.

One you can open a large thread read all the replies and then close the tab by clickin the X on the tab.

Second and more important is PhotoBucket. By opening the second tad you can set it to your photo bucket account and copy the bottom (IMG code) tag and then just click on the tab for greeneggers.net and your back to the forum. When you are ready to paste the photo into your message you can either right click and select paste or just do what I do and hold down the CTRL key and hit the V key.

By going back and forth on the tabs rather than opening and closing pages I can post an image with in a few seconds.

The other way to do it is to use the RESTORE UP and DOWN button. It is located on the very top right of the page. You should have a MINIMIZE button that Looks like an underscore icon within a square. Then comes the RESTORE button (looks like a two file folders one overlaid on the other). Finally is the RED X button. to close down the internet.

Use the RESTORE UP/ DOWN button. Once you have the screen shrunken then you can use the SHIFT and left click on a post. This will open another internet browser page. Find Photo bucket and then set one browser page to PB the other to the forum and click back and forth between the two.

I know this is a little long and has a few different ways of achieving the same thing. Try the and find one that works best for you. As always you can e-mail me off line and I can try to help that way.

If you are using an Apple computer with Mac software forget everything I posted as it doesn't apply, and I've typed this for no good reason.
  • Thanks Mike,all I get done is to shut everything down.My wife will be home pretty soon and I'm sure she will understand your directions and we'll get this handled.Your way sounds a lot simp[ler than what we have been trying.
    Jim