Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza #4

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is pizza #4 still sticking to dough from our favorite pizzaria. Boboli pizza sauce, store bought shredded mozarella and provalone plus chopped sopressato. Here it is uncooked
P1010625.jpg

Fired up the egg and it seemed happy at 625 indirect with the place setter and pizza stone. Cooked for ten minutes. Too long a little burnt on the top and not photo worthy. I was surprised that just 25 degrees higher made a difference. Still tasty and even my wife said no off smokey flavor. Lesson learned: sopressato not a good pizza topping. Boboli sauce ok. Mozarella and provalone not enough on to tell. Local dough the way to go, trust your eyes not the clock. Neither of us has cooked pizza before so we are taking it slow. The good news is it was good enough that I am not banned from trying again.

Comments