Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Car Wash Mike Pork Chops

Options
Smokin' In Tally
Smokin' In Tally Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just saw some great pictures of pork chops that were made with Car Wash Mike's recipe. They look great, but I can't seem to find the recipe.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    It is not my recipe. I used thick cut pork chops, at least 1 inch thick. Overnight in buttermilk. Then basically followed the DP Crunchy Wing recipe on their site.
    I cooked 275 indirect.

Mike
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Mike's kinda shy and doesnt give a lotta detaills :P ..here ya go!

Buttermilk overnight,
    breaded and indirect at 275 until done on the small. 1-1/12 hrs
    1/3 cup flour, 1/3 corn meal and a heavy dose (2 tbsp) of Swamp Venom. A little salt. When I cook again, I will baste with a sweet bbq sauce, the heat of the Swamp Venom and the sweet bbq sauce really mixes the flavors well.
    These were about 1-1 1/2 inches thick.
    227e10bd.jpg

Plated...
    5fff01ba.jpg
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I think you had a better cook than me. You have the porterhouse of pork. That is hard to find here without a special order. The bone adds so much more flavor.
    Did you add any sauce? I know I'm going to next time.

Mike
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    We never bread anything on the egg. Gotta start thats looks good or is it the cheap whiskey talking. Dang forgot the second half of the theorem. I'm a chemist you think I'd know better. Drink the best cook with the rest
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I love breaded items off the egg. Just started doing choppers. Wings are even better.

Eat all we can and sell the rest.
    Blue Bell Ice Cream.

Mike
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Mike..these looked so good and everybody was looking over my shoulder and rushing me!!.. I had the bbq sauce sitting there ready to baste at the end and I freaking forgot it!!...I was half finished and was like...oh sh**!!! I went and got the sauce and spread some on the chop just to see how it tasted...I agree..I think basted at the end so the sauce carmelizes just a lil bit would be the coup de graz!!..next time..yeah I got lucky on the chops..I usually buy all my meat from a local butcher...but stopped by a Krogers y'day morning and they had these nice thick 2" chops just cut bone in sittin in the meat section..they were really good!! ;)