Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

first time making sausages!! lots of pics...

Options
mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well i finally got to making or at least trying to make my own sausages.first thanks to eric(eatbbq) for lending me his meat grinder/stuffer!! it worked like a charm. also thanks to thireye's sausage making recipes on his site. i followed the italian one but then added or subbed a few things.and lets not forget steven's help with some input also!!
all i did for my first attempt is i used ground pork bought from thr store it was on sale so what the hell. then i mixed the spices to the meat and let stand for acouple hours. then came the preping of the stuffer and casing.mand that stuff is long....ended using just a bit and then had to trow the rest away....oh well you learn as you go. then i had moose so at the end i took some left over pork mix then added about 30% moose to 70 pork ration and made as a sausage. now all that is left to do is eat some to see what the real results are! but the smell is real good in the kitchen so i beleive it will be good.
here are some pics
003-1.jpg
004.jpg
005-2.jpg
006-1.jpg
009-1.jpg
and here is the moose one.....
007.jpg

Comments