Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi everyone...Long time since last post!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This forum looks like it's as good as ever. Lots of new people, which I love to see, as well as many familiar faces from the past. I am still very actively using my BGE since I bought mine in 2001. I have checked in to the forum now and then but have not posted for quite a while. Like many of you, I have recruited numerous people to eggdom. I always tell them one of the best things about it is this forum. So many great people and great ideas.

Naturally, most of the time I cook meat on the egg but here is a an idea for a vegetable dish that I just love and it always impresses our guests. This is from a post in 2002 when Spring Chicken just got a lecture from the Doc and had to go on a diet. Nature Boy posted this awesome veggie/wok recipe that I still use. If you haven't tried this recipe, give it a shot. I think you will like it.

Bob

P.S. Nice to see Spring Chicken is still hanging on to most of his feathers!
http://www.greeneggers.net/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=38226&catid=1

Comments

• Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Hey there, welcome back. Even though I'm a newbie it's nice to see that Egging is not just a fad and that people are committed to helping others get started. So far I have really enjoyed my LBGE and have tried several different things. Like yourself I think I have converted some people over to eggs as well.

JoJo
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    Now that's cool. You mean the chicken was posting way back in 2002? Bet he didn't have to do nearly as much maintenance on the coop as he does now! Ya know he keeps this forum in good shape for us all. Hours and hours of thankless maintenance inspections. Security watches, and endless reports on the condition of all the inner workings.

What a great piece of nostaliga. You gonna stay around? You still cooking on your egg? Why'd ya stay away for so long? What ya been cookin?
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Hey Buddy! Very nice to see you post. Thanks for the link and blast from the past.
    Nature Boy's recipe continues to be a standard here.

Fun to see that thread and who responded. For those who don't know, New Bob is no longer New and he has evolved into the beloved, "Bordello". :~)
    Would be great to see Ravnhaus and Zip posting again.

Stick around and fill us in on your cooks... Cheers!

john
  • I remember when I first got my BGE. I read almost every post on this forum and learned so much. These past few years, I have not monitored this forum like I used to and consequently I find myself cooking the same things over and over again. That's a big reason why I'm back. I know I will find ideas here!
  • Spring Chicken and I met at a small store that sold BGE's in League City, TX in 2001. We had both recently bought eggs and this store was having what you might call a "meet and greet" thing for egg enthusiasts. Very small gathering but it included a few people that would later become BGE forum legends: Spring Chicken and Spring Hen Chicken as well as Trex.

By the way, tonight I cooked pork tenderloins and Nature Boys awesome veggies.
  • Hi Woodoggies!

Good to hear from you. I vaguely remember the time you came up with your handle: Seems like you were talking to Charwoody and said something about woodoggies or referred to Jed Clampit and it just stuck. You changed your handle to Woodoggies and I must say it is one of the better handles on this forum.
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    He's been working the graveyard shift lately, so about 3:00 am, he'll check in with his nightly report on the condition of all the equipment he keeps up. He'll be glad so see this thread, I'm sure.

He had some kinda run-in with a table saw or something or other, recently. Think he's nursing some pretty serious stiches in his hand, but from all reports, he's healing up pretty well. It'll be fun to see his post tomorrow morning.

As for me, I'm gettin' horizontal right about now.

Come on back real soon, ya hear.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Good memory!... I posted on the Primo forum (in 2001 when they were brother and sister forums) with the opening to a post, "WooDoggies!!!". Charwoody responded to me in kind and that's when I changed my handle... a long time ago for sure. :~)

I hope all is well in your world and you'll stick around and continue to post.
    I'm off to bed... remember to turn your clock an hour forward.

John
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Well ain't you something!!! I just mentioned your name the other day regarding your meatloaf from the 2004 Texas Eggfest. Even showed a photo. Now here you are in real-person mode and you picked the shortest day of the year to announce your return. Yea, your something... Welcome home.

You may have noticed already that there are a few long ago names missing from the Forum, but there are lots of new ones too, and they appear to be a talented group. They ask a couple of questions and next thing you know they're creating some really great dishes and answering questions that only Senior Eggheads used to answer.

It's a whole new ballgame now and as much as I hate to see the oldtimers stop posting I really enjoy the enthusiasm the Newbies bring to the table. You can sure see it in Atlanta too.

Anyway, glad you survived Rita and decided to come out in the open. Send me you email address and other information. springchickentesas@comcast.net

And come see my new Chicken Coop outdoor kitchen anytime you're within a hundred miles of here.

Good to have you back.

Spring "One Hundred Miles From Here Is Actually Two Hundred Miles If You Plan To Come Back" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Had to throw this in before I forgot where it is...

Wudeyedocheckingmeatloaf.jpg

Hope you're still slim and trim like in the picture. If not, welcome to my world, fat and fluffy.

Spring "So Round So Firm So Full'a..." Chicken
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Welcome back WudEyeDoo,
    Hope y'all gonna hang around awhile. Nice to see some of the missing return. Hope all is going well and nice to see yer still Eggen along with the rest of us. Looking back at the post yer talking about those are great veggies. I got rave reviews from the neighbors with Nature Boys recipe.

Hope to see ya posting more. :)

Cheers,
    Bordello
    (New Bob)
  • Hi Spring Chicken, great to hear from you. I sent you an email but it was returned. Is that email address you posted correct?
  • Hello Bordello/New Bob. Seems like I remember you were from Arizona. Is that right? Hope all is well with you.