Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggstipated

Options
Woodbutcher
Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I haven't been posting lately but still lurking. Last week I had a total hip replacement and I needed an egg fix real bad. So with a little help from my caregivers I negotiated my walker out to my egg and fired it up. This is my first attempt at posting photo's on the new forum so I hope it works.
Salmon with DP Raging River
DSC_0022.jpg
Looking good on a plank
DSC_0024.jpg
Served with a salad and rice.
DSC_0027.jpg
I feel much better now. Several days of hospital food will really make you appreciate the egg!

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the hip but am glad you're on the mend. Great looking pictures and I can tell how much you appreciated the food.

A speedy recovery to ya,
    Bordello
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    Best of luck on your recovery. Unfortunately I could not open your pictures
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    You're getting better?

Hip, Hip -- Horaay!
    Hip, Hip -- Horaay!
    Hip, Hip -- Horaay!

:):):):):)

Keep us posted, Amigo!
  • Woodbutcher
    Options
    I think it has something to do with the view. I can't see them until I change to threaded view.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    it worked alright!...that looks outstanding!!.. ;) get well soon!!..and yeah it has to do with the view...please don't get Rick started!! :whistle: :P
  • Woodbutcher
    Options
    I'm mending very quickly. The first couple days were tough but now I'm feeling great. The worst thing is no steps and having to depend on other people. I'm fairly young (50) for this so Its driving me crazy just sitting around. I guess its a good time for it so I can be in good shape for the summer months.
  • Broc
    Options
    Good thinking -- great attitude!

I have a broken neck [three places], which led to four surgeries, including removing the back half of all the vertebrae from C2-C7... This mean I no longer have the muscles attached to hold my head up... sp I go around looking like a Neanderthal.

Then, a car rolled over on top of me [freak accident], and crushed six levels in my middle back.

The resulting postural changes have wreaked havoc on my hips and knees. I'm currently 65-y-o, in constant [24/7] pain... but the docs are trying to get me to 70 before they start replacing knees and hips. They're concerned about spinal postural shifts, that new joints won't function properly.

I know a little about big-time surgery... I wish you well, brother!

~ Broc
  • Braddog
    Braddog Posts: 212
    Options
    Where there's a will there's a way....food looks great. God speed on the recovery.

Cheers,
    Braddog
  • Woodbutcher
    Options
    Wow, what a mess. I hope they get you straightened out soon. Pain is a terrible thing to deal with. My hip was bone on bone and it sounded like a mouse squeaking when I walked. I can't imagine what you are dealing with. I guess it makes us enjoy the good things more. Take care and good luck.
  • Broc
    Options
    Yep -- That squeakin' sound... my left knee. They went in a year ago Christmas, and removed the arthritic spurs -- two of them were over an inch long... and they had to cut out necrotic tissue from the joint.

Normal recovery time, about three months -- and I'm moving about much better... can't run, or anything like that... but wouldn't be able to do that with the spine, anyway...

;)

But -- all-in-all -- Life is Good.

When all this started [neck trauma] twenty years ago, I asked the docs what I was going to do about the pain. The fellow said, you'll learn to live with it.

I thought he was nuts!

Now, I wonder what life would be like if there were no pain... Wouldn't ne "normal," now, would it?

The docs look at my MRIs and marvel that I'm not paralyzed.

Life is good!

;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

~ Broc
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    No doubt you are on a speedy recovery....with your egg mjedicine you will get over it soon
    All the best.