Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight\'s Tasty Murder

Options
Cory430
Cory430 Posts: 1,073
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
London Broil and my first flat iron, mmmm....
londonbroil002.jpg
londonbroil004.jpg
Cooked at 650 until just this side of rare. Sorry no finished pics, I got lazy...or hungry

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    that's one big flat iron i have not had the pleasure of getting one of those that big ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Looks like something I would like. Pepper flakes right?
  • Cory430
    Options
    King Soopers (Kroger) had them out here in Colorado. It might be that the small london broil is making it look big :)
  • Cory430
    Options
    Yeah, and EVOO, salt and pepper. The london broil just got a long soak in red wine vinegar. Both turned out great.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    There look great --

I've had trouble searing meats with red pepper or freshly ground pepper -- both tend to burn and become bitter.

So, I usuallu hold the pepper until just after the sear, waiting for the Egg to cool, and apply pepper then.

~ Broc
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    The flat irons are something else, aren't they? I didn't know about that cut until I started checking out this forum. I get 'em any chance I can. They don't last long around here.
  • Drunk at the EGG
    Options
    Flat Irons are good, but if you can get Skirt Steak out there - that is where it is at.
    I actually have the Butcher at Safeway (of all places) unpackage the Skirt Steak and carefully remove / slice off the silvery membrane (similar to Pork Tenderloin). Then they re-weigh it and repackage it and toss it back to me.
    Next to Prime Rib, Beef Tenderloin, and Tri Tip this is Awesome. You can actually throw this cut right on the coals to cook it (I tried it - it works).