Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does anyone have a good Flank Steak Recipe???

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like to cook a Flank Steak for about 6 people this Friday and would like to know if an of you eggsperts have a good recipe and any suggestion on side items? Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    Byrdman,
    try an hour soak in this:
    1c soy s., 5 cloves crushed garlic, an inch of fresh ginger, grated, a shot of rice wine vinegar, and 3T of toasted sesame oil. Grill direct at 450F for about 10 min. one side, 7 the other for M-R

• Byrdman,soy and worchester sauce, couple cloves of chopped garlic, ginger, pepper, marinate in this overnite. cook as suggested in earlier post. now, take some yellow and zuchini squash, slice lengthwise, button mushrooms, sliced VIDALIA onion, bell peppers sliced, mix together with a tad of olive oil, pepper, put in baking pan lined with alum. foil. add 1 stick butter and 4-5 tbls. worchester sauce. cook on egg until firmly done, not mushy. serve this over rice, some good bread, slice the flank vertically and you are in for some good eats.

• I use a Coca-Cola based marinade with Key-lime juice and fajita powder for flank and skirt steak.
    Coca-Cola Marinade for Flank/Skirt Steak[p]In a gallon freezer bag, I put 1/2 can or so of Coca-Cola (the sugar helps give a nice crust to the quickly seared meat), 2-4 tablespoons of the lime juice (regular lime is OK if Keylime juice not available, and bottled Keylime juice is fine), and 3-4 tablespoons of Bada Fajita powder and marinate the meat for 3 hours or more. [p]You can add lots of other things to the basic one above (garlic, black pepper, hot chilli flakes,soy sauce, etc.) to play around with it.[p]Give this a try!

• WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    Byrdman,
    I tried this the other day using flank steak. It was very good. (Hope this link works)

[ul][li]Korean Flank Steak[/ul]