Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just came home with a nice size pork loin, on sale for a steal. If you had your choice, what is your favorite way to egg it?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Skip,
    RhumAndJerk cooked some jerked loins direct that were awesome. I think he cooked them around 275 direct to 140 internal. They were nicely crusted but not black. Loaded with flavor.[p]Another idea, if you have the prep time, you can't go wrong with Mr. Toad's stuffed loin (in the recipe section).[p]Those are two of my favorites. [p]Yet another thing you could do is cut the loin into 2 inch thick chops, brine them for a few hours in Spice Cooks "Thick Pork Chops Brine" (an old recipe in the new recipe section), or my version "righteous chops brine" (let me know if you want that version) and grill them like a steak.[p]Hope 3 idears doesn't make your decision more difficult! More are sure to follow. Good luck deciding![p]Beers to you.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Skip,
    Just did one last Sunday. I simply put some Italian Dressing on it and wrapped in pepper bacon. Some Cherry for smoking at 330 for about 50 minutes to an internal temp of about 140. Off the Egg and let stand for 15 minutes or so. Was great. Simple, easy, and very good. Got the suggestion somewhere on this site, but don't remember who.

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Mr.%20Toad
    <p />Skip,
    Just plain with some fresh crushed peeper and apple wood is good.
    If you reallly want something impressive and great tasting try the link below.
    It's Mr. Toad's Lion.
    If you do Mr. Toad's just make sure you pull it at 140 degrees (that's not a misprint).
    The pic is of one I did a few months ago.
    B D

[ul][li]Mr. Toad's Pork Lion[/ul]
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Wife and I get the big pork loin and cut our own po'k chops 2" thick. JJ's. Olive oil. Sear 3 minutes on a side @ 700º dwell for 4 -5 minutes. So tender and juicy you don't need a knife to cut the 'little' suckers. Guests are always amazed they are't dry as a bone. More than one has said they can't do anything like it on their grills...gassy people you know...