Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

eventful egging and a $.50 trick to level the egg

Options
stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
that's "50 cents", to level the egg. but first, my comical event.

filled the egg with lump for a longish, higher heat cook cook (paella).

you know what a lot of fresh lump means, of course. well. stike got a nice flashback. not your ordinary one either. when i shut my eyes in reflex, the fireball melted my eyelashes shut. hahaha

well, almost shut.

they are very short, looks very odd. thank god all my biz is via email.

second event... last night, had dinner at a fellow egg-owner's place. as always, top notch food and drink. we ate a farm-raised (by her dad) devon heirloom beef roast. four ribs, bone in. seared and then roasted til 125. good god. excellent. that was with new potatoes roasted with white truffle oil, maple carrots, and a pizza appetizer of thin sliced onion on a great home made crust.

we had three bottles of wine, and the cumulative ages of the vintages totaled 94 years. i'm now drinking a 10 dollar bottle of plonk which pales by comparison.

great dinner and conversation.

oh. how to level your egg for 50 cents.
i put two quarters between the ceramic foot and the egg, and tipped it enough forward to effect a level cook for the paella. now the broth doesn't spill over. it may only cost you 25 cents, but could go as high as $1
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments