Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp Rings

Options
duncanrx
duncanrx Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone finished the temp chart for all of Mickey T's Temp rings?

Comments

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    duncanrx,[p]
    Hi duncanrx. I haven't charted my results with Mickey's temp rings, but I can tell you what happened the last few times I used them.[p]I got my BGE to stay at 210º or under for five hours plus when I did a butterflied chicken the other day. I closed the lower vent to one-quarter of an inch after the dome temp got to 200º. I put a number 2 ring under the daisy wheel with the daisy wheel wide open. I do this to keep the temp ring from falling off when I open the dome for chores on the chicken. I can't give you any results from the other temp rings or lower vent settings, but I plan on doing a rib cook this weekend at 210º for hours and hours now that I have serious control at low temps. [p]I think the rings are a good investment. Now I just have to remember MickeyT's address so I can send him a check. [p]CB

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    char buddy,[p]Don't ya just hate it when your memory starts to go?????[p]You can e-mail me for my address. :>)[p]Mick

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Options
    MickeyT.,
    where do i get the rings?