Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chines pork ribs

Options
nodock
nodock Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
how can I do some great chines barbeque ribs???? thanks :)

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here is what i got

i have no idea where i got this recepie

Braised Asian-Style Short Ribs
    Serves: 12 Active Time: 25 min Total Time: 3 hours 10 min
    6 lbs beef short ribs
    Wegmans Pan Searing Flour
    2 Tbsp olive oil
    1 bottle (12 oz) lager-style beer
    Asian Style-BBQ Sauce (see recipe)
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    1. Dust ribs with pan-searing flour; pat off excess.

2. Heat oil on MEDIUM in large braising pan until oil faintly smokes. Add ribs, being careful not to overcrowd pan. Turn over when ribs change color one-quarter of way up and seared side has turned paper bag-brown. Sear ribs on all sides, 8-10 min.

3. Transfer ribs to heavy-duty foil cooking bag; place bag in shallow roasting pan.

4. Whisk together beer and BBQ sauce in medium bowl; pour over ribs in bag. Double-fold open end of bag to seal.

5. Bake on center rack of oven 2-2 1/2 hours, until tender. Remove from oven. Use oven mitts and cut open foil bag with sharp knife. Carefully fold back bag to avoid steam. Transfer ribs to clean platter; season to taste with salt and pepper.

6. Carefully transfer sauce to medium saucepan; skim fat from surface and discard. Heat to boiling on HIGH. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5-10 min, until reduced by about one-quarter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sauce over ribs

here is the sauce
    still no idea to the orgin

Asian-Style BBQ Sauce
    Serves: 12 Active Time: 5 min Total Time: 15 min
    1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    2 cups Wegmans Ketchup
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled, finely diced
    2 Tbsp Tuong Ot Toi Viet-nam Chili Garlic Sauce (International Foods)
    1/2 tsp sesame oil
    Juice of 1 lemon, (2-3 Tbsp)
    Combine all ingredients in saucepan. Simmer 10 min, stirring occasionally.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    if you can get a country rib roast this recipe works well, i cut off the loin section for red pork and use the same marinade. dont know how hot the rib internals got, if i were cooking just ribs i would go at a lower temp as the section shown for ribs can take more heat than basic ribs during the cook
    http://www.greeneggers.net/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=165082&catid=1
    ive got some ingrediants for tonights cook, szechaun orange chicken in the wok, going to add some orange peel and juice to an oyster sauce and thai pepper recipe i have and see what happens. who would of thought an asian style cooker could cook asian style food
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Here is a good one. I like to get NOH Char Sui spice and use as a rub. Most oriental grocers have it or somehting comprable.

http://www.spiced.com/SPICED/SKU/NOH/content.html

Pork, Baby Back, Oriental, Thirdeye

Here is one I use. It works better on small racks of BB ribs cooked direct on a raised grate. I wish I had an exact recipe for this rub, but I don’t make it in bulk like my other rubs. I use sea salt, brown sugar, garlic salt, ground ginger, 5-spice and cayenne.I don't do a foil step but I guess you could thin out the finishing sauce a little and use it for the foil liquid. For the last hour of the cook, I shut the vents and ramp down the temp to around 200°, and apply the sauce several times over the next 45 minutes. Then I keep them on the cooker for 15 more minutes for the sauce to get sticky. Serve with a few toasted sesame seeds sprinkled on. And finger bowls.

INGREDIENTS:
    Finishing sauce
    1 Cup Hoisin
    1/2 cup plum sauce
    1/2 cup oyster sauce
    1/4 cup wine vinegar
    1/4 cup honey
    2 Tsp. minced garlic
    2 Tbs. minced ginger
    2 Tbs. minced green onion
    Taste Add
    soy sauce
    Siracha chili sauce
    Sesame oil
    5-spice
    orange zest
    Asian Noodles
    lb of pasta (I like spaghetti or bow-ties best)
    2 Tbs tamari or soy sauce
    2 cloves of garlic, chopped
    1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    4 chopped green onions
    sesame seeds for garnish

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: Thirdeye

Source: BGE Forum, Thirdeye, 01/16/06
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    I made these a while ago. The recipe came from wegman.com Very good but not pork. I wish they had a recipe for the chinese style pork ribs they make they are really good.