Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cuts of Beef

Options
carpetman
carpetman Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever heard of a cut of beef called a Steer Butt? I had it once and would love to get my hands ahold of more. They are served in alot of Alabama restaurants.

Comments

• JeffHughes
    Options
    Probably shoulder clod...
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Google "Ask a Butcher". Steve is a retired butcher and can more than likely answer your question easily and accurately.
  • Kew_el_steve
    Options
    From an earlier response in a thread called "Steer But"...

Did a Google on this, just out of curiousity. This might give you what you're looking for. The cut might be one thing, but the method might be something else (reference Trex method).

I can find several references to availability in Alabama, but to mixed reviews. So this bears out that the method of cooking is indeed important. The fact that it's spread out in Alabama might mean that the ideas may have spread with the people when the restaurant was destroyed; some better than others. My $.02 worth...

"A 10 oz. hand-cut steak cut on a bias from the beef tenderloin. A very tender steak that's not often heard of at steakhouses!"

http://www.desperadossteaks.com/locations.php