Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork: Update from Australia

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ok..so here she blows at 9 hours cook time, at 235oF egg temp. I still cant get her above 167oF internal temp..what am I doing wrong??

Its currently 5 in the evening here and I have guests coming at 7. I was going to pull her off and rest her regardless at a few minutes to 7 and serve her at 7:30pm.

any ideas on what I could do better between now and seven pm..??

IMG_2004.jpg

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Your lookin'.... :angry:

If you are lookin' you ain't cookin'

Seriously, 167 is in the plateau. It could quite literally stay there for hours. Bump the temp up to 250-260 dome.

Leave the lid SHUT!!!... :blink:

Have a beer, chase your mate round the house, have another beer. STOP looking.. :pinch:

Be one with your Egg.. Trust your egg.

For the record. 170 is a good temp for sliced pork. So all is good. :P
  • :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(picks herself up off the floor after almost wetting her pants)

Wolfie..you are a star!!

I promise not to open but is the opening thing a common disease for new eggers!! ;)

will post pictures tomorrow after its demolished..but I will take the pics before its eaten ..

ps: idea for improved design feature - insert viewing window in egg!!

:cheer:
    alex
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Lookin' is a common disease to all new to Lo 'N' Slo BBQ cookers. It is not localized to Eggheads.

Here in North Carolina it is a class a felony to be be lookin'..

First time I opened our pig cooker here on the Wolf Compound before it was ready to flip the hog my father-in-law fired a round at me... or maybe he just wanted an excuse to shot a Damn Yankee.. :(

For Aussie Translation:

Yankee: A visitor born North of the Famed Mason-Dixon Line and from a state having fought a battle in the American Civil War (War of Northern Aggression)

Damn Yankee: further defined as having MOVED south.
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Looks pretty good from here.
    Can't wait to see the demolition pictures.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Resize pics please. Tryed all 3 views and cant look. I like to look!! Remember, hear in the states sliced pork is more expensive than pulled. Your guest will be happy with eather!
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Your father-in-law **** Cheney?
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Must be the narrow view thing again. I can see them fine using narrow, classic view.
    So much to remember!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Nope Big Daddy is a much better shot.. That Lawyer would have died :woohoo:
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    I tryed from my home laptop and now from work desktop and can't see them in classic.threaded or flat view. don't know how to get to narrow view for sure. Wide view that you click on under home page under forums looks the same as forum does if I just log in w/o going to wideview tab. We need one view only!
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Glad I can finally answer someone's question :cheer:
    You have to click the green bar on the left (forums) then you can select narrow view. I was having the same problem last week. Hope it works.
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Woops!! you have to go to home first.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Finnaly!! Took me a few to stumble on how to do it. Never clicked on the forum choice link when you click green forum button on home page. Always looked for a nerrow view button there and all I saw was wide view. Like wide much better but will use narrow to view pics that wide will not support. thanks!!!!!!!! Clays the man. You can now die having completed your lifes quest! :laugh:
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Celtic Wolf wrote:
    Your lookin'.... :angry:

If you are lookin' you ain't cookin'

Seriously, 167 is in the plateau. It could quite literally stay there for hours. Bump the temp up to 250-260 dome.

Leave the lid SHUT!!!... :blink:

Have a beer, chase your mate round the house, have another beer. STOP looking.. :pinch:

Be one with your Egg.. Trust your egg.

For the record. 170 is a good temp for sliced pork. So all is good. :P

CW, if we still had Karma, you would deserve a bunch for that response. Well done.
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    You are right! But I ain't ready to die yet. Maybe some day if I keep trying I can help someone else out! I do think a lot of times the questions go right under some of the computer experts.