Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday's Buttz-Lotta pix!

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Spent most of the night Friday on these & part of today..had a lot to do this afternoon..so here are the pix I made of this cook:

Started w/2 6lb buttz...and yes that's apple juice..I injected both..won't be doin that again..
ButtCook021508004.jpg

Rubbed both with plain ol mustard, then one with elder ward's butt rub and one with john henry's pecan..
ButtCook021508002.jpg

here's both plopped on the egg...that's a neat lil surface thermometer Maverick makes that I picked up on amazon for 8 bux..thought I'd give it a try...
ButtCook021508.jpg

About 15 hrs later pulled both at 200, foiled and rested for several hours before pulling..they were scrumptilicious!!
PeelnPan003.jpg

Comments

• AuntieEgger
    Options
    WoW that was a nice cook and nice Pic’s and well worth waiting for.
    You injected with Apple Juice and say you would not do it again. Why is that? Was it more trouble than what it was worth to the butts?

All is Forgiven ;)
    AuntieEgger
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    I think they would have been plenty moist w/out the apple juice, don't think it really added anything to the flavor, and I like my pulled P a bit drier than it came out..
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    See they finally came out! How long and how many Merrys did it take? The last one I did I didn't shot up and juice everywhere. Note juice on right side of tray. NEW08029.jpg
  • Spaceman Spiff
    Options
    Which rub did you prefer?

Spacey
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    I think overall it was around 15hrs...lost count of the 'merrys' :whistle:
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Man spacey..that's a tough call..I have always REALLY liked elder ward's butt rub..I like the kick and just a touch of sweetness..but JH's Pecan is awesome..since I started buying it, if I ask my family what rub to put on something...JH Pecan usually comes up first..if you havent tried Elder's..I recommend it as it is a scratch rub and you can tweak the recipe to your liking. If you are thinking about trying one of JH's rubs...I recommend the pecan. I stopped yesterday and found a bottle of JH's HOT Pecan rub...I like kick :woohoo: So am anxious to make something and use it.