Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone had any success with doing a Beef Tenderloin? How long does it take? Any recommendations??

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Look down a bit for a recent discussion on that.

Rascal
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Wednesday 22:00
  • no matter what cooking method you choose, the two most important things to remember are :

tenderloin is lean meat and cooked past medium will be dry and chewy. personally i like it quiet when i cut the meat so i can hear it moo

make sure it is tied up properly, so that it is the same diameter from end to end other wise the tail will be over cooked

use a good thermometer and pull at desired temp rather than cook by time

i guess that was 3 things, too bad :laugh:

good luck
    bill
  • rebmd
    rebmd Posts: 6
    Options
    look a page or 2 down. i had the same question. used the TRex method last night and I highly recommend it.

sear 60-90 seconds at 700, take off and bring inside. bring the meat inside and let sit while grill cools down to 350-400 (20-30 minutes). put back on and let it continue to cook.

i would take it off the grill when the internal temp reaches 120-125. i pulled it off at 130 as we like things medium. i have to say, that it was cooked too much. next time i will take it off in between 120-125 and let sit for 5 minutes.

despite being a little overcooked, it was delicious. sorry, i didn't take any pics, we were all too hungry to wait on taking pictures.
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    JBN,
    You have several great responses to your post over in the new, beta forum. They can see your post from there, but you can't see theirs from here. Just scroll up and click on the arrow to get over there.[p]Good luck with your cook.