Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gasket Result & Ash Shoot

Options
ColoradoCook
ColoradoCook Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know there's a lot of proponents of BGE's felt gasket on this forum and probably and equal amount of opponents. I fall in the latter category and have been on the hunt for a better material, well, I think I found it.[p]I've test out Rutland's #93 Window Tape for a few months now and so far so "very" good. The Window Tape is designed for sealing wood stove windows. It is made of the same material as the Rutland line of Glasso gaskets, able to withstand 2000 degree temps. The tape is only 5/8" wide but it seals just as good as the 3/4" BGE felt. It also goes on as easy as the felt -- it has a adhesive backing very similar to BGE's and has stuck to the ceramic very well.[p]I have attached a link to the picture of Rutland's packaging and the actually window tape. I also snapped a picture of an ash shoot I fashioned out of sheet metal. The ash slides down the shoot, through a hole in my table, and into a bucket hanging from a hook. I thought some of you might appreciate that idea.[p]http://photomail.photoworks.com/sharing/album.asp?Key=7034077645480608[p]CC