Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Egg & I

Options
sdbelt
sdbelt Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There's a new link on the BGE home page that I found interesting. It's the reprint of a recent magazine article:[p]--sdb
[ul][li]The Egg & I[/ul]

Comments

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    sdbelt,[p]Thanks for sharing this.[p]Carl T

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    sdbelt,[p]Pretty cool. Thanks for pointing that out. Mr Fisher is an interesting chap.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• sdbelt,
    what's a "technologist"? [p]Hey, I remember the pachinko house. I worked at the Kroger down the street. I think there was an auto parts store right next door too. I also washed cars at Buice Motors on the corner.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Ken Huckeba, wow! The Kroger and Autoparts store are still there but I think Buice Motors has changed names at least. I remember passing it when the sign said "Big Green Egg and Pachinko Store" and pachinko was the drawing card. At least 25 years in one location. Now, THAT is unusual for any business now-adays.

• sdbelt, small world! In 1969 I bought a used pachinko complete (both literally and figuratively speaking) with all the electric lights, bells and whistles. It is still operational and still sits in my basement. Now and then I walk by it and rack up a bunch of the steel balls and get that thing humming and blinking. Little did I know that was the first thing I had in common with Ed fisher! Thanks for the article.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    sdbelt,
    Thanks for that read! When I was at Eggtoberfest last year, I sat with Ed and chatted for a while. Since I am in the marketing biz, I asked the same question about the "Big Green Egg" name, which I think is brilliant, and a huge contribution to their success (not to mention a fine product with great customer service). After reading this, I realize Ed must get asked the same question more than I can imagine.[p]Also, I was intrigued by the Pachinko thing, as I lived in Japan in 1963 and 1964, and we brought back a Pachinko machine to the states when we returned in late '64. (I was 4 years old). It seemed like we were the only ones who had one of those cool toys with the heavy metal balls. Wish I had one now![p]Beers to you, Steve.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ