Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

After I read a post...

Options
Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Is there some way to get back to the same spot you left off in when you click to view a post? After I read the post, if I click back or if I click to return to the forum, I have to start all over scrolling down. On the old forum, I could return to the exact spot in the list that I left off in.

Thanks,
Gwen

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Gwen,

Since the old forum required frequent "back" buttons just to few all of a thread, it was usually just a few more to get back to the index (because you'd already "backed" up through most of what you viewed reading the message).

The new forum provides the entire "Thread map" in each post; so, you won't need to click "back" until you are ready to return to the index. But, this means that it could be quite a few "back" buttons away; however, it does actually return you to the place where you left off (if you wait for the index page, when you finally get there, to finish loading).

In the near future, as time permits, we will add a link to return directly from any message to the index at the location of that message.

In the meantime, if you are using IE7, FireFox, or Safari, then you can, as many others here are doing for the new forum, use tabbed browsing to simplify navigation. If you "Control-Click" (Command-Click w/ Safari) a message link that will open a new tab for the message. You can read the message, and all replies, in that tab and simply close it when you are finished. The index tab will be waiting just as you "left" it.

Hope this helps,