Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1:37 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Top 'o the morning to ya lads and lassies...

Oh wait! For many of you it's still yesterday. So for you I guess I should say Bottom 'o the evening to ya lads and lassies...

I removed myself from the recharging device one time unit earlier than previous dark periods because I had participated in two lengthy shut-downs during the daylight period. As such, my cells were at 100% capacity and my program requires that I re-assume my duties once 100% is achieved.

Inasmuch as the plumbing alarm had not activated I proceeded to the food preparation area where I inspected the interior illumination device of the refrigeration unit. Normally, I do not succumb to the visual stimuli presented to me but this time I spotted a container that had a suspicious nature about it. I decided to investigate further by opening said container and tasting it's contents for impurities. I actually performed this test a number of times before determining it to be harmless.

By then, Rodney Dangerbird had noticed my activity and inquired as to my status. I assured him that interior security had not been breached and that I was only carrying out my assigned duties (burp!). He made a note and returned to his outpost. I was unaware that inventory of refrigerated items was a concern for him.

Sensors began to detect a growing pressure in the plumbing system so I proceeded to the maintenance facility to relieve said pressure before it became a problem. While there I fired a burst of contaminated air from the carbon unit exhaust pipe in order to test the ventilation fan. It worked, much to my relief.

I also proceeded to the front entrance to see if any large packages had arrived from Nigeria as promised by the Nigerian Interior Minister. There was none and I assume it is only because I was too early. I trust that it will be there within the current time unit. I alerted Rodney Dangerbird to keep a visual on it.

I also took it upon myself to check the Forum. I discovered that only 3 Members and 152 Guests were active. I would have thought there to be more because of the many carbon units heating deceased farm animal parts for later consumption. But perhaps not.

My activities have resulting in a drain of my powers and I must return to the recharging station.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Early Bird Gets The Job Done" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Now I may have to go to my recharging unit early because you were early. This is not good since I am supposed to be making sure the devices that protect the other carbon units ether connection are safe and functioning.

However, Good Night Leroy!!
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    1:56 an' All's Well
    1:56 an' All's Well!

:kiss:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Plumbing checked out OK, as did the fridge light. Jello is nice and cool for this 63 deg morning. Pork butts got the thermometer just a few minutes ago, and I'm looking at 154 out of 195. Almost in the plateau, and there was plenty of orange, glowing coals going in the cooker. The TurboGrate has remained clog-free so far since 18:00, and will hopefully keep the airflow going to maintain the 250 dome. One of these days, I'll get one of those DigiQ units. Just thought that the Small BGE would serve me better--and it has so far.

Good luck with the cooks today, everybody! My prediction: Patriots 31, Giants 17.
  • Michael B
    Options
    Good night Leroy.

BTW - I'll keep an eye out for your Nigerian delivery, just in case it got miss-routed.
    Would you mind watching for a canvas bag I misplaced? It is about so big, is locked, and has “Brinks” on the side. – Thanks.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I'm sure there will be many deceased farm animals offered up today. Speaking of, horses feed,dog is aired and new bull calf who's mom rejected him is feed and beded back down. And as allways Jake is supervising the forum. Between the calf and net nanney not letting me see the forum at work haven't had much time the check in. Planing to have a few friends over Monday night so will do a little Egging then and catch up on forum when I get up. In the mean time Jake says:"Groundhog saw his shadow so more winter. Wonder what Egged groundhog taste like?" NEW08077.jpg
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I used to work for an armored car company in another life and I can assure you they have plenty of those canvas bags. I doubt that they will miss one. But I will keep my good eye open for it anyway.

Spring "An Empty Armored Car Bag Is Like A Day Without Sunshine" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Can't say I've ever seen a parrot move a Dutch Oven before.

Spring "Evidence Is Only One Version Of The Truth" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    You may as well go ahead and get the DigiQ. You know you will eventually, so why deny yourself the pleasure of its company?

Spring "My Guru Does Better What I Can Do" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Now see how much better you feel after you are assured that all is well!!!

Spring "Rest Assured" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    So if you REALLY want to annoy everyone you just play "Switch On - Switch Off" about a thousand times a night LOL.

Spring "Lights Out" Chicken
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    AHHHHHHH! Gotta recover from the sticker shock of the Small BGE and requisite accessories. Then...it'll be DigiQ all the way. May as well start reading the user's guide now so I can hit the ground running when the UPS guy shows up with it!