Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New England Meat Market

Options
stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
shared this with a few local guys, but figured i'd post it here for any other folks in the North Suburban Boston area....

New England Meat Market

60 Walnut Street

Peabody MA

This is the place where Fred (of Fred’s Franks fame) gets his sausages and hot dogs.

I went up there today with a hankering, and found the place. Not a bad little shop. Lots of ethnic stuff.

made a quick list of some of the stuff I found:

Fresh;

Soperessata

blue seal Kielbasa (Chicopee Provisions, Chicopee MA)

Pearl’s Jumbo franks

Portugese linguica and Chorico (from a place in Fall River)

They also had some frozen stuff;

Andouille

Bunch of different sausages (lamb, cheese, herb, etc. etc.)

Octopus (wild caught, kinda big)

Calamari

Quail

Goose

Duck

Game hen

Bunch of cheeses, though I didn’t make a not of them. Said he didn’t carry venison much any more. They did have veal tripe, tripe, tongue, and all the other stuff along the same line. Chicken feet, lambs heads, feet, etc.

The beef was ‘ok’. Choice, except for primals of strips that were select. They jacquard the select stuff. Not a big fan, can get some of that at hilltop or BJs if I want select. BJs actually has choice, too sometimes,for rib eye roasts and strips.

Got some kielbasa, linguica, and chorico. Now I’m starving.
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    stike,

This is the place in Fall River. They have some great product let me tell you. FYI I lifted this from their web site.

Furtado's Chourico and Linguica Sausages are made with the finest, leanest pork meat available and natural spices (plus an old family recipe started more than 90 years ago).
    New England Chourico and Linguica sausage products made fresh daily. A Portuguese pork sausage available in patties, franks and sausages. Ask about our ground Chourico and Linguica. We offer online purchasing of our products as well as other Portuguese favorites.
    Portuguese Chourico :: Linguica :: Portuguese Marinade :: Fall River Chow Mein