Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Attention medium egg owners

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have the raised grid for their med? I have tried to use the one my dealer sold to me but the lid does not shut. I do have to say I have not taken the time to try to play with it when there is no coals starting.
I appreciate any feedback.
THanx,
Molly
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    the raised grid on top of the regular grid on top of the plate setter, legs up will not fit.

the raised grid will fit on top of the regular grid at the normal direct position without the plate setter.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    OK, thanx. So I want to smoke as many fatties as I can. Any suggesitons on how to do an indirect on a med without the platesetter? Also drippan?
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Great music pics!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    Options
    you could use the regular grid with a barrier like a pizza stone or fire bricks and then a drip pan on that with the raised grid for the fatties.

i've always had the plate setter from day one...
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Cool, thankyou! I'll have to play with it. I dont have a pizza stone as of yet but I have some 10 by 10 pavers?
    I dont know. Ill play with something.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Molly, I gerry rigged an extened grid by buying a Webber, 13-1/2 inch grid from Home Depot and then fashioning some 3-1/2 in stainless steel stove bolts, nuts and washers. Gives me more grill space and I can still use my platesetter, and drip pan.

Hope this helps.

DSCN3033.jpg

Wow, it was purddy when it was brand new.
    Options
    the pavers might crack... maybe they might be ok at 250 dome temp.

you might rig up a double drip pan kinda thing with sand in the bottom one or something.

or just get a plate setter :whistle:
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanx, I was waiting for you to pipe in! I cant see you image though. Would like to.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I have the platesetter. Mybe I misunderstood you 1st post. Let me go back and read.
    (dang too many beers and very early hours)
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    Options
    my mistake... i reread it tooooo

just how many fatties are ya trying to make?? :huh:

2feb07_3-002.jpg

just stack them on top of each other in the other direction... kinda like a fatty tower! hahaa

won't hurt a thing
    Options
    here's 6 fatties on a medium

fattay-015.jpg

just watch the ones out in the hot air stream at the edges of the plate setter
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I see it now, you are right, prutty!
    I'll have to play with it. Maybe its time for the pizza stone, on account I already have the raised grill.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    OK, I want to do 8 lbs of bulk fatties or more with the raised gill, but if not oh well. Those look bigger, am I correct? They look yummy!!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    Options
    those are all one pound logs. just stack the other two on top and there you go! ;)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thakyou, you the bomb!
    Gots to go to bed,
    Peace,
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Molly, I have simular set up as Grease. A 13 inch grill of a Weaber. I am ordering the small Egg grill as better quality and just a 1/2 smaller. I used wing bolts on mine that let me raise or lower easley. Hope these pics explain. NEW08025.jpgNEW08024-1.jpgNEW08022-1.jpgNEW08029-1.jpgNEW08039.jpg
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Ohhh!

Wing nuts -- Why couldn't I think-a that?

Manana por la banana I'll hook up a rig like that!

Thanks!

~ Broc
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Nice touch on the lower wing nuts.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    It might be as easy as taking the fire ring out for that cook. I think I remember doing that some time ago before I added a Large to my patio.
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    I did not know they had them for the medium. I just made my own.

medspatch.jpg