Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Dizzy Dust Brisket is on!

Options
BabyBoomBBQ
BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I put on a 5lb Choice Grade brisket at 8am San Diego time. Grid temp about 235. Seasoned it with course grind Dizzy Dust and Jack Daniel's oak chips for smoke. About an hour into the cook, it's at 96 internal. Planning to eat between 6:30 and 7:30. I hope it's a celebration of a Chargers win.

I usually use cowlick and red eye express, but decided to give this a try since a friend can't tolerate any coffee at all.

Go Chargers!!!

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    make sure to take pictures!! ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    Here's the 4:30pm approach to the cooker. There was a little more smoke than I expected. Note that the 166 on the thermometer was the internal of the brisket. Dome was about 270, grid about 240.

2008120brisket1.jpg?t=1200882999

A check under the hood during rotation step. I cut perpendicular to the notch direction of the grain as suggested.

2008120brisket2.jpg?t=1200882999

A view that shows I missed getting the rub to stick to the lower right. Good contrast I guess. Notch shown again.

2008120brisket3.jpg?t=1200882999

Another shot showing the experimental "save the drippings from burning" setup. I've never pulled it off to my satisfaction when I made a good brisket.

2008120brisket4.jpg?t=1200882999

More later...