Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fidel's Fire

FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
edited 6:30PM in EggHead Forum
Got another Porterhouse just under 2#. Question is, can I TRex at Fidel's 1 billion degrees or is it okay to do at 500 million? :blush: PS gonna toss in a couple of zink bolts & some lead flashing. ;) ;)

Comments

• ATXATX Posts: 98
    Shoot for the moon. One billion! Fire good.
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    OK!!! More lump. Man the shovels :laugh:
  • Michael BMichael B Posts: 986
    Don't forget a little quick silver for that extra zing.
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    A candid photo of Fidel keeping watch on his sear:

theeyeofsauronwithmountdoominthebackground.jpg
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    mmturk032.jpg

Me Likey Fire ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Sorry Fidel :( Did this 29 oz Porterhouse at 500 million degrees instead of your 1 billion. It tastes great but might have been better if I upped the temps. :ermm: Thanks for all the time you put into answer questions. Alot of us dont post but we do read.
    Thanks to all that post, you affect alot more people than those that respond.
    Well here's my piece of the pie.

THANKS AGAIN
    Pat

2ndTrex.jpg
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    I've had pretty good luck with the sear at 600 deg on the cast iron grate:

IMG_9247.jpg

I still follow the 20 minute rest, followed by the 400 deg roast until desired doneness.
    Thanks Mike. That one was at about 700 and then the rest but took about 10 min a side at 400 to get to med rare. Pulled at 128. Couldn't finish it by myself but I gave it a helluva try.
  • BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Oh, man! That "eye" really needs some gynelotrimin!
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I ain't touching that one... :blink: