Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Nature Boy

WudEyeDoo
WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Hey Nature Boy, [p]I tried your "grill topper wok veggies" tonite and they were fantastic! Wow, what a great addition to a meal. I pretty much used your version from your post on Feb. 10th. The pineapple chunks were the biggest surprise--awesome. Thanks again.[p]Bob

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    WudEyeDoo,
    If NatureBoy promotes it..you can bet it`s a winner..he`s got some great tips up his sleeve..[p]Wess

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    WudEyeDoo,
    Cool!! I am really glad you enjoyed them. It means a lot to me to hear that the recipe was followed closely, and came out so well. You always wonder if it is possible to get enough info down in words that someone can repeat it. And you always wonder if someone followed the recipe closely, or used their own expertise along with the recipe as a guideline.[p]Now the challenge is "can you make it better for your own tastes". For instance, I added a few tablespoons of maple syrup to that marinade when I did some yeller squash the other day, and it added a nice flavor. What might you do next to improve on it?? Or what other veggies might work?? [p]We just did some pineapple on skewers tonight, along with some wings. [p]Thanks much for the report.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    WessB,
    Awwww. NOW!
    Just learnin, creatin', and enjoyin. And tryin' to get your sorry butt down here for a beer! lol.[p]Preeciate the kind words.
    chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy,
    One thing I did not add (because I don't have any) was oyster or fish sauce. I have seen this in recipes before but I've never tried it. I like fish but only if it doesn't have a fishy taste. Will this sauce make it fishy? I assume not but what does it add flavor-wise?
    Bob

• Nature Boy
    WudEyeDoo,
    It adds a very nice favor...not really fishy. It really smells when it cooks (if you use a lot of it), but it adds an indescribable twist. Go easy until you become familiar with the wonderful flavor, and what it does for different things. It is usually very salty, so if you use it ease up on the other salty stuff.[p]For a real treat try Nuoc Mom. Mix fish sauce with some water, sugar, fresh mashed garlic, and a couple sliced asian red peppers...or even a thin slice of habanero. Use this for dipping anything fried. Especially Vietnamese Spring Rolls, but anything fried is good.[p]Have fun.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com