Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much would you pay for....

bayouegger
bayouegger Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A fairly new Large Egg, with both size fire rings, metal daisy wheel top, rain cap, ash tool and a homemade table?

A friend of a friend of mine just doesn't like his Egg at all and is giving up on it. He's had it less than a year and just doesn't like it. After talking to him about it over the last few months it turns out,,,he really doesn't like food. About the only thing he eats is chicken and doesn't want to take the time to learn how to control the temps. So....he is asking $750 for it. I haven't seen it or the table yet but he keeps it covered and it sounds like he's used it less than 10 times.

$750 a good price? The local Egg dealer here has a new large with wings and nest for $799. I know the table is worth something but haven't seen it and I really don't need it.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Comments

• Iwould carry the asking price $$$ in my pocket and hand him/her a &500.00 bill. If all he/sne eats is chicken he/she should go for the deal. Boring meals. Hope you get the egg. Go for it and be ready to flex if you want the egg and stuff. miles out..
  • How much is the lifetime warranty worth to you? You talking $49 difference in new and used. However, if you don't get the table, they you''ll more than likely want a nest for it. Depends on what nest are going for if you buy a new one from a dealer.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    You can pick up a demo at an eggfest in the high 500's...so considering what's also included...I might go 600 tops,
    but only if you really like the table!

Otherwise...(he can keep the table),wave a 500 dollar bill at him and see what happens!

Evans

PS...Remember, there's no Warranty on a used Egg...so figure that in.
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I think you will want the table. I have the nest and need more room for utinsils and stuff.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Buy a new one. Having a lifetime warranty is worth the extra dollars you'll have to spend. Not to mention the support from the mothership should you need it.
    Just my opinion!
    Hammer
  • Can you not transfer your Warranty? If he is a friend and something goes wrong with the EGG couldn't he take care of it for you?

RE
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    I don't know the answer to that question, but I believe it is not transferable; however I could be wrong, so call the mothership and ask. I'd get the answer from them before I would the dealer. The mothership is the ultimate one who has to honor it.
    Hammer
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    I wouldn't go over half retail.