Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Ribs for New Years Day

Options
Ross in Ventura
Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCN2193.jpg
<p />Baby backs went on at 10AM.PST. Car Wash Mikes method Two with Dizzy Dust Org. One with John Henery's Pecan Rub. I'll also do some Black-eyed peas and Collard Greens Its a windy 64* day New Years Day in So. Cal. Go USC.
Happy New Years to All,
Ross

Comments

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Ross in Ventura,
    Also doing baby backs with DP original. Looks very similar! Out here in the So.Cal.
    Desert it is sunny and windy. Great weather for egging.[p]Go Gators! (for the hubby)
    Go SC! (for me!)

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Ross in Ventura,[p]Great way to start a new year. What's the story on those special items for the peas & greens?[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Hocks only, I did not have time for the others!
    Happy New Year Wayne,
    Ross

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Southern tradition and superstition. You are supposed to eat black eyed peas and collards on New Year’s Day if you want to have a prosperous new year. The collard greens represent green money (bills) and the black eyed peas represent coins. For a year that is full of money, eat yourself full of collards and black eyed peas.[p]Another superstition is that the first visitor to your home on New Year's Day is supposed to be a man and he is supposed to have cash in his pocket and coins in his shoe (why I have no idea). If your first visitor is either a female or a man with no cash in his pocket you are not supposed to let them enter. Again, this superstition has to do with financial fortunes for the coming year.[p]You are also not supposed to clean house, do laundry, or get a haircut. The theory on the first two is that what you do on NYD is what you will be doing all year long. The haircut thing - again, I have no idea. Since I am egging and watching football all day - I hope this superstition is true!!
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Fidel,
    Egging and Football for me too!
    Happy New Year Fidel,
    Ross