Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quesadillas

Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
quesadilla.jpg
<p />If you haven't tried these on your egg you're missing a great meal. They are very easy to do and you can make them with almost anything you like. These are jack cheese, tomatos, black olives, green chiles, green onions, pickeled jalapenos and cilantro. Chicken is a very good addition. It only takes about 3 or 4 minutes to do at 500*. Last night I had both larges going and did 10 of them in about 15 minutes. Have a great day everyone.[p]Chuck <><

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Chuck,
    Looks great,I just had lunch and am on my second beer, now I'm hungry again. Did you use any wood chips and did you close the dome for the cook????
    New Bob

• Chuck
    quesadillas2.jpg
    <p />Thought I'd add a pic of the final product with some doctored up refried beans.

• Chuck
    New Bob, I made you hungry, you made me thirsty, I think I'll go get a beer. No chips, I think they cook to fast for the smoke to do much. I do smoke the chicken, when I use it, first and then cut it up when I add it. I had the dome closed for the short time it takes to do. Have a good one.[p]Chuck <><

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Hi Chuck,
    I can almost taste the finished product. I'll bet it taste as good as it looks. How long did you pre-heat the egg?????
    New Bob
    Hope you're enjoying that beer.

• Chuck
    New Bob, Beer is good, ahhhhh. Preheated the egg with a plate setter for about 10 minutes then added the pizza stone for about 5 minutes at 500. As the stone heated up they started taking a little less time. [p]Chuck[p]
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Chuck,[p]They look mighty yummy. Another way to bake quesadillas is to put them on an inverted dutch oven cover. The outcome is similar to the pizza stone method. Gotta love all the different ways to make great eats![p]Ribs are 3 hours into their cook on the large right now. Adding beer battered onion rings and some brews to the menu for the evening feast.[p]Later,
    Puj

• Chuck,
    I pushed for adoption of this dish for tonight, but the ol-lady has already started stroganoff. What the hell is stroganoff, how do you even spell it, and I hope the guy who invented it is dead! But,, tomorrow night,,, we do Quesadillias. Man,, now after looking at your great pics,, I gotta choke-down this noodle-ladin grey murkey stuff. Okay,, I will just have another double coctail, turn in early, and tomorrow will be mine.

• Puj, way cool. Inverted dutch over lid would keep the real goodies from trying to run out and off of the flowered tortillia. Hey, I learned,,, uhhh,, like, three new things today. I earned another drink! :D

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    K.O.C.,[p]Looks like you ended the day yesterday in great shape![p]On the menu for tonight are: white fish (TBD - dependent upon my findings at Harry's), lacy potato "pancakes" (think Waffle House and stretch), and some Vienna rolls. All will be produced by one of the Eggs.[p]Have a good one.[p]Puj