Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cabbage

Options
Tommy
Tommy Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know I did this a week or so ago but I didn't have pics and didn't include the recipe so in an attempt to redeem myself and possibly stir up a few new cabbage heads here goes.
As you can see I also fixed one for my unsuspecting neighbor. And yes they took it.[p]Original recipe came from How to Grill by Steven Raichlen.
1 Head of Cabbage
1 Med Onion
4 Thick slices of bacon
2 Good fist sizes of bulk sausage. My wife thinks thats about 2-lbs.
1 Stick of butter.
1/4 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce.
Salt and pepper.[p]Cut out the stem from the cabbage and make a bowl, the deeper the bowl the more stuffing it will hold and I'm thinking right now the next one will be a little bigger.
Saute onion, bacon, and sausage untill soft. I took my basting brush and smeared the renderings from this all over the cabbage, then salt and pepper the outside as you see fit.
Pour in the BBQ sauce.
Fill cabbage bowl with stuffing.
Cut 1/4" pats of butter and cover the top of your cabbage, completely.
You can direct or indirect grill this at 350 degrees. I used my plate setter and cooked for 1-1/2 hours. The original recipe says to cook for 1 to 1-1/2 hours but being a Mississippi boy I like my cooked veggies soft.
I absolutely love this. [p]Da Rings
PC281914.jpg[p]Smoking with cherry chips.
PC281915.jpg[p]Ready to eat.
PC281917.jpg[p]

Comments