Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer Chicky Results. . .

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found out this morning that an elderly couple from our church was needing help loading a moving truck, the day before my wife asked me to fire up the Egg for tonights dinner. I was Kinda on the spot when it came to cooking this baby that's why I asked for fast help. I was in such a narrow window of time trying to coordinate everything that I didn't have a real good opportunity to stabelize the temp before I left for the couples house. Anyway, when I got home the bird had been on for about 2 1/2 hours and my dome temp was 180. To make things worse, my oldest daughter is diabetic and because we've had some trouble stabelizing her blood sugar, we try real hard to make sure we keep her on a tight eating schedule. So I decided if we are going to be eating beer chicken instead Micky D's, I better put the heat to her. I raised the dome temp to 275, cooked the chicken just under 2 hours and stuck the instant read thermometer in her and miss Chicky was a toasty 160 degrees. I immediately knew we were in for a treat beause moisture just poured from her when I took her from the egg. Other than a few pieces that didn't quite get cooked, the chicken was done. Now, with all that being said, my family absolutely devoured the chicken, even my younger dauther who is very finicky, couldn't get eneough. Thanks Jethro for all your tips. If you haven't tried the Beer Chicken, you don't know what you're missing.