Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grate lifter dimensions

Options
Mop
Mop Posts: 496
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here are the dimensions for the grate lifter I posted yesterday.
If any of you would like to see more photos in detail then just email me, it easier for me to email them than to load them to my webpage.[p]If you go with these dimensions then when inserted in the second or third grid-space of the main grate, the whole shebang will lift out of the Egg perfectly level on its own and solid as hell, with or without food and firebricks.[p]Handle thickness...1/2" round hot rolled steel (mild)[p]Handle length......18 1/2"[p]Handle grip........manufactured spring meant for a 'chipping' hammer.
(if you need and can`t get one, let me know, we make then where I work)(they fit perfectly, the holes in the ends are 1/2" to match the handle)[p]Base....1 1/2" x 3 1/2" x 3 1/16" thick mild steel[p]The 'spring-grip' was just tacked with a mig welder as was the base.
The base has to be welded on with the handle offset towards the corner of the base so when used as an ash tool, it will go through the lower vent and scrape all the ash out with the handle staying level.[p]The unit is quite a bit bigger than the bge ash tool and 'just' fits in the lower vent allowing you to clean it out with just a few swipes.[p]It also works good for releasing the autolock lever with your right hand while your left handles the dome.[p]Like I said, if interested I`ll send you some clear detailed pics..[p]Mop

Comments