Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer Cheese recipe?

Options
Scotty's Inferno
Scotty's Inferno Posts: 170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How in heck I woke up thinking about beer cheese, I don't know. Some might call it a cry for help. Anyway, I want to add this to my football watching today. Any tried and true recipes and or/tips would be appreciated. Thanks Scott

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Scotty's Inferno,
    Mauna laua extra sharp cheddar spread(room temp), beer, cayenne pepper, garlic powder. Breakdown the cheese with the beer by stirring(about a 1/3 of a can).I use a fork to mix thoroughly. An electric mixer can cause the cheese to sieze, similar to chocolate, so do this by hand. Every batch is different so add beer slowly, you can always add more, but you can't take it back out. After achieving the consistency you want, add a slight amount of garlic powder. After the garlic powder is mixed in, add the cayenne pepper, be very sparing, it'll heat things up quick; like the garlic powder, it'll only take a tinge. when done mixing, put the beer cheese into the fridge for at least two hours for the flavor to develop and to set up. Spread it on crackers and Enjoy!

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Big'un,
    This was how my GrandDad taught me to make it over 35 yrs ago.

• Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    Big'un, Thanks, and I love the history. There is absolutely no question that my "Papaw" started my love for BBQ with a Weber Kettle!