Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spiral Cut Ham . . .

Options
djm5x9
djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last week The Princess placed an order for a spiral cut ham. I picked up a Bryan spiral cut with glaze kit for $1.99 lb. for heating on the cooker. Normally I do whole hams direct with no deflector or foil, but this ham called for a different technique to keep it from drying out.[p]The cooker was preheated to 350º dome. A large sheet of heavy-duty foil was folded over a few times and placed on the grill. A second sheet was laid out and the hap was placed so the sides could be pleated and folded over the ham so it was almost closed. I added some orange juice so that it came half way up the ham between the thin space left between the ham and foil. The directions called for pulling at an internal of 115º. At about 105º internal I applied the glaze mixed with grade B maple syrup over the ham and spooned the remaining orange juice and glaze over the ham. The ham was pulled at 115º internal. The remaining liquid was mixed with more maple syrup and reduced on the stove till it thickened and poured over the ham and served.[p]I guess it is a good sign when the kids come back for seconds?