Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

curious what bge food would go good with carrot cake. i want to cook something special for a lady fr

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
im thinking chicken somehow would maybe match up good with carrot cake. i might be completely wrong on this . id love to get some good ideas of what would go with carrot cake

Comments

• EmandM'sDad
    Options
    Jason Upton ,
    I saw a thread below about Chicken Cordon bleu. It was one of the first things That I cooked for my when we were dating. It was fancy enough to impress, But not to hard to make. Seems to me it would tranlate well to the egg. Some grilled veggies, then bring on the carrot cake
    Good luck,
    -mike

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    Jason Upton ,[p]I think Triple Threat would do well. See Page 46
    [ul][li]Eggtoberfest 2007[/ul]
  • mike
    mike Posts: 152
    Options
    Jason Upton ,[p]EVERYTHING goes with a good Carrot Cake, as long as there is no okra involved.[p]
  • billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Options
    Jason Upton ,
    ask the lady what she likes [or what she does not], and get back to us with some options. find out if she likes spicey or plain [these guys on the forum will 'rub' anything]. you don't want to make a prime rib roast for someone that does not like beef.
    keep it simple so you have time to spend with her and you are not running outside, into the cold, all the time to check on the egg. appetizer of shrimp or procuitto wrapped asparagus, spatchcocked chicken served on a bed of long grain and wild rice or rib eyes and baked potatos, salad. champagne candles and if the budget allows maybe a little bottle of ice wine to serve with the carrot cake.

• Michael B
    Options
    Jason Upton ,[p]Simple and light.
    Cornish hens
    Salmon[p]2 or three good sides.
    Asparagus is good grilled
    Almost any vegetable can be wrapped in foil and steamed in the Egg.[p]French Vanilla ice-cream.[p]