Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egger

Options
Buckiquer
Buckiquer Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought large BGE in July. Learn about it in Australia. Bought as soon as I got home. Visit the forum almost everyday. Great place am learning alot.

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Buckiquer,
    Welcome, lots of great people here to help when you need them. I am sort of new, got my egg around march of last year. Hope you're enjoying the food that comes out of the egg.
    New Bob

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    Buckiquer,
    Good you get egg. Make lotsa food. Make tum tum happy.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Buckiquer,[p]Your life, now that you are a member of the Cult of the Egg , will quickly become better and better. Listen. But ask frequently. You will learn my son. You will become wise in the "Way of the Egg" in no time.[p]Welcome[p]Carey

• LasVegasMac
    Options
    Frozen Chosen,[p]You terrible! :)[p]How's the Northern Frontier these days? I had the great pleasure of spending about 40 days in Anchorage several years back. I have all ways loved to fish but that was a new world. I fished until my arm could not make another cast - my back hurt! But man was it worth it. What a huge time![p]Getting some salmon ready to smoke as I type this. Just wish it was a couple hours out of the river.[p]LVM

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    LasVegasMac,
    sorry, couldn't help myself. I get a lot of fishing in, starting with Steelhead trip in April, then into first run of kings, then reds, dip-netting, and more trout. I've been thinking about how to modify the egg for smoking fish. I'd use the egg as the fuel/smoke source, then maybe some flexible dryer vent to the smokebox. This should give the low temps required for cold smoking which cannot otherwise be obtained in the egg.