Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burping The Egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those who missed it, a while back the Whiz had a post and he said (forgive me Whiz if I don't get it exactly right) that when you burp an egg you can get small flashbacks which may dmage the gaskets. He said that instead of burping the egg, before opening the egg, open the bottom and top vents wide which will burn off the fuel waiting to flame up. I have been doing that ever since and it works like a charm. Just before opening the egg I put the vents back to the original settings because if not I would be likely to forget the vents wide open after closing the egg. Thanks again Whiz for yet one more in a long list of very helpful tips.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    whiz4prez3.gif
    <p />Zee,
    Basically, that's what I said. In my run for the presidency this year (which I seemed to have just announced), my motto is "Venting is good. Burping is bad!" :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I'm almost ready to unveil my automatic burp release port that interfaces with your Whizaroo Controller. Shoul be on store shelves soon.

• OzEgghead
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, wont be burping again. Just after doing an initial burp when the large egg was at 300deg then opened it up received a large flash which singhed my hair, eyebrows and sideburns. Wife thought it was hilarious after making sure i was ok!!!